VRbasic: The Next-Gen Basic Flight Trainer
VRbasic is designed for basic flight training where the student must learn the fundamental stick-and-rudder skills of flying. Virtual Reality dramatically improves the outcome of training basic flying skills in a simulator. This means shorter training time, fewer retraining hours and cost savings for the students and the flying school.
Explore two sample configurations of VRbasic by clicking the highlighted areas in the pictures below.
- FNPT-II grade flight controls (rudder and stick/yoke)
- Customized X-Plane 11 simulation software for ultra realistic simulation
- Engine/aerodynamics/ground vibration feedback in seat and controls
- High-resolution head-mounted display
- Modular, sturdy steel frame
- Two-way intercom with twin plug aviation headset connectors
- Instructor panel with touch screen simulation control
- External screen connection port
- Key-controlled, fused main power switch
- Aircraft specific flying controls and throttle
- Document holder for easy stowage of checklists, manuals and miscellaneous documents
- User system with individual payments and logbooks. Synchronized through MyVRpilot
See VRbasic in action in this video where we take you on a short scenic flight of Milford Sound (NZ):